Whitehorse Rifle & Pistol Club members are expected to adhere to the public health directives that are in place to reduce the spread of the COVID-19.
Those basic directives include:
- Keep a physical distance of at least 2 metres or 6 feet from others.
- Stay at home as much as possible. Avoid crowds or gathering in groups.
- Wash your hands frequently. Keep your hands away from your face.
Getting out of the house for short periods of time helps us to remain engaged with aspects of our usual routine and assists with our mental well being during this time. So, going to the range to sight in your rifle or test a new load is still possible for most club members.
Restrictions for club members accessing the outdoor range.
Club members with a 2020 gate key will be able to access the outdoor range at their convenience, as is the usual practice. All protocols relating to security of the range property remain in place. This means you must verify that when you leave, there is no one else on the property before you lock the gate or, that you pass that responsibility to the remaining club member who must have a gate key.
Do not go to the range if:
- you have a fever, cough or shortness of breath; OR
- you have travelled outside of Yukon within the last 14 days; OR
- you have come in contact with someone who is suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Do not crowd the firing line. At the bench rest area, leave one empty bench between you and the other shooter.
At this time club members should not bring a guest. Club members in good standing should go alone. Bringing one member identified as an associate member to your membership is permissible.
Limit your time on the firing line, especially if other members have arrived after you and are waiting their turn.
At this time, only members who were in possession of a 2019 gate key will receive a 2020 gate key with their membership renewal. No range orientations will be scheduled until further notice.