- All Members and visitors must sign in the Logbook.
- Range Safety Officer has absolute authority at all times. Anyone disobeying his or her commands will be asked to leave.
- Range status lights will be controlled by range safety officer.
- All shooting will be conducted from a static shooting position.
- All shooting during an open range night will be done from the 18 M firing line.
- Eye and hearing protection is required.
- Consumption of controlled substances (i.e., alcohol, cannabis, or illegal drugs) before or during shooting is prohibited.
- Firearms brought into the clubhouse and indoor range will be carried in a safe manner following the Canadian Firearms Safety Course standards.
- Firearms will be removed from the case only at the firing line.
- Firearms will be loaded on the firing line and only on the Range Safety Officer’s command.
- Targets and stands will remain behind the wooden curb.
- Members borrowing club-owned restricted firearms must be documented in the Record of Participation.
- Shooters must declare inexperience to Range Officer in order to arrange supervision.
- Holstered handguns permitted only during pre-approved special events.
- No food or drink permitted in the indoor range.
- Keep conversation to a minimum while others are shooting.
- Youth shooters (18 years of age and younger) must be supervised by parent or guardian.
- Deposit waste brass in collection buckets, used targets and other waste items in the garbage cans
- Time on the firing line will be limited when there are a large number of participants.
- Centre fire shooting permitted after rim fire shooting concludes, or at the discretion of the RSO on duty.
- Members with “Handgun Proficiency Status” may shoot centre fire handguns in prescribed calibres.
- Firing line is flexible based on approved course of fire for a specified event. (eg. 10 M for air rifle)
Ammunition & Targets
- Maximum loaded magazine capacity 5 rounds. No rapid fire.
- Jacketed bullets or frangible ammunition permitted.
- No magnum loads.
- Club guns will use designated club ammunition.
- Brass catchers will be used when firing semi-automatic firearms.
- Non-reactive (paper) targets only. No hard surface (metal) or reactive targets or bowling pins.
- Paper targets to be centered on the target board.
- Airguns – pistol and rifle
- Rimfire – pistol and rifle
- Centre fire – pistol only, with Handgun Proficiency Status