From May through August a regular group of shooters has come out to challenge themselves with long distance shooting techniques to develop accuracy and precision. Bulls eye targets were shot at 500 meters and at 300 meters. The goal, to shoot the highest score with the smallest group size. Accuracy relates to scoring your shots on the bulls eye target while precision is measured by the diameter of your grouping of shots. The ideal would be to have the highest score within the smallest group.
The end of season 500 Meter Bench Rest Wind-up Shoot is scheduled for Sunday September 13, 2015. You are requested to pre-register for this event by calling Len at 633-6094 as space is limited. Sign-in will take place in the Trap Clubhouse Sunday morning at 10 am and registration fees of $5.00 per classification will be collected.
- Open- No restrictions! Scored Based on Group Size & Score
- Hunting Rifle- Max 9 power scope, Max weight- 10.5lb Score based on Group Size Only
- Shooting commences at 11 am at the Bench Rest Rife Range area.
- Prizes will be awarded for top scores and tightest group sizes.
- Participants are invited to participate in a pot luck BBQ after the shooting concludes.
This event is in memory of Jim Strelioff, who was instrumental in keeping this shooting discipline active over the past few years and encouraged others to take up the challenge. His family invites friends and colleagues to come to the range after 5:30 pm to share some stories, some memories and some refreshments. The memorial gathering will take place in the main clubhouse.